Bodyweight Drills for Stronger Yoga Asana
Learn unique and effective mobility training progressions you can add to all levels of your yoga classes immediately. This 2 hour streaming course includes unlimited access to videos, manual, lecture, and slides with 2 to 5 CEU’s upon completion.
This course is for yoga teachers and committed students who want to learn methods to increase strength and develop usable range of motion.
This 2 hour course will teach you:
- How traditional mobility training principles can be combined with conventional yoga postures to produce amazing results
- How to increase strength and develop your usable range of motion
- Unique and effective mobility training progressions
- How to organize your own class with these principles including reps and isometric hold times
Charlie Reid and Jules Mitchell combine mobility training principles with conventional yoga postures to increase strength and develop your usable range of motion. By focusing on competency in some basic skills that often get overlooked in the pursuit of fancy poses, you’ll learn unique and effective mobility training progressions you can add to your all levels yoga classes immediately. Drills require minimal props for ease of teaching while progressively challenging students with a variety of skill levels. Number of reps and isometric hold times are suggested which can help you organize your class while providing adequate time under tension to promote progress. Your students and their joints will thank you.
- Core Intelligence™ practices
- Scapular Intelligence™ practices
- Lower extremity drills
- Advanced core progressions
- Upper extremity drills – pulling, pushing, handstands
- Bonus course – Spinal Intelligence™ and bridge progressions
- 2 hours of content including videos and lecture.
- A rich slidedeck supporting the lecture for easy reference in downloadable PDF format.
- A complete printable manual with photos and descriptions for each pose/exercise.
- 2 to 5 CEU’s available upon completion of the course. Number of hours depends on engagement.
- Unlimited 24/7 streaming access to the course materials. Also available from the Kajabi mobile app.
Jules and Charlie share both curiosity and skepticism about their respective industries and collaborate regularly to further their inquiries and discuss current research. This course evolved out a constant comparing and contrasting of yoga with mobility techniques used in other areas of fitness to improve outcomes. In a professional capacity, they are both educators in their respective industries, forming a powerful team when it comes to all things mobility related.
Jules Mitchell, MS, LMT, ERYT 500 is a regular contributor to yoga teacher training programs worldwide, providing yoga schools with the most current research in biomechanics.
Recommended Education Path
While each online course stands on its own and has no pre-requisite, you may consider the following information to get the most out of your experience. If you have not yet taken my foundational courses Yoga Biomechanics and Asana and Beyond Yoga Alignment, they will lay a foundation and help you get the most out of all my other work.
Building on your foundational training, this and my Intro to Resistance Stretching course will explore and teach specific methods of working with and improving range of motion.
In my years of working with teachers, recurring themes emerge which result in specialty courses. My courses Hypermobility and Yoga and The Incredible SI Joint dive deeply into specific areas giving teachers a rich toolset and understanding to support their students.