Jules Mitchell MS, CMT, ERYT500 is a Las Vegas based yoga teacher, educator and massage therapist. Her unique approach incorporates her extensive study in biomechanics with the modern application of yoga asana to help teachers develop their craft and empower them with education. Jules’ methods intend to achieve ease in movement through deliberate loading, thus her teachings integrate numerous modalities, balancing the somatic aspects of yoga with the most current exercise science. She leads workshops and continuing education courses worldwide, providing yoga schools with the most current research in biomechanics. Jules is the author of Yoga Biomechanics: Stretching Redefined, available now through Handspring Publishing. She is also adjunct faculty at Arizona State University where she serves as the yoga consultant on various research studies. If she’s not teaching workshops at your favorite local studio any time soon, you can access a variety of her programs online. Learn more about Jules Mitchell.
Featured livestreams and webinars:
- Yoga Meets Science: Forwardbends & Backbends Feb 26-28, 2021
- Yoga Biomechanics March 5-7, 2021
- Somatic Principles March 27-28, 2021
- Breathing Mechanics April 24-25, 2021
- Is Yoga Safe? May 4, 2021
- Shoulder Potential May 15, 2021
- The Science of Stretching Webinar 3.0 July 31, 2021
- Strengthen to Lengthen (registration opens soon) August 27-29, 2021
- Online Book Club – Next one starts November 10, 2021
- Anatomy & Biomechanics (registration opens soon) November 13-14, 2021
300 hour teacher training program for 2021:
Jules Mitchell’s 300 hour advanced teacher training 2021 is now open for registration. It includes 2 required online modules, homework, a 3rd elective module, and an optional in-person component. Each 2-week module is hosted virtually in Pacific time zone. Content is heavy on biomechanics, principles of exercise science, applications of pain science, neurophysiology, pathology, and stretching. Get more info and register here.
Learn with Jules Mitchell
A large portion of Jules’ work schedule includes traveling all over the world teaching both current yoga teachers and aspiring yoga teachers about biomechanics and anatomy.
Blog & Podcasts
Jules’ YouTube Channel