Yoga Biomechanics and Asana Free E-Course
Are you the type of yoga teacher that asks “why” whenever you hear a claim about the effects of a certain pose? Do certain alignment rules seem arbitrary and contradictory? If you love the study of anatomy but are looking for the missing link to understanding how the body works, you are in the right place. This free e-course will show you how the answers to all your teaching yoga questions can be found in the study of biomechanics. One you start, you won’t stop studying with Jules.
Yoga Biomechanics and Asana (Part One)
Learn to teach yoga through the lens of biomechanics.
Why biomechanics is your solution to a safe and sustainable yoga practice.
The key principles of exercise science that should be in every yoga teacher training.
Viscoelasticity explains what happens when you stretch connective tissue.
How To Know If This Course Is For You:
- Do you have a lot of questions about anatomy?
- Do you worry about keeping your students safe?
- Have you heard that yoga is good for bone health?
- Are you hyper-focused on teaching a neutral spine?
- Were you taught the patella’s purpose is to protect the knee?
- Are you familiar with Wolff’s Law and Davis’s Law of adaptation?
- Do you want to know more about the principle of Progressive Overload?
- Do you have questions about fascia and what happens when you stretch it?
- Are you wanting to learn more about the differences between tendons and ligaments?
- Have you heard the terms force, applied loads, stress, and understand how tissue adapts to these variables?
- Are terms like biotensegrity, viscoelasticity, and the stress-strain curve unfamiliar and you want to know more?
If you answered yes to any of these questions you will love the information I introduce in this e-course. I’m confident you’ll love the entire lecture and will enthusiastically ignite your passion for the human body and how it works.
Confidently modify poses.
Deliver clear instructions.
Provide accurate risks/benefits.
This course is for yoga teachers and committed students who wish to develop a basic biomechanics vocabulary and make better sense of your previous anatomy training.
This free e-course will teach you how to:
- Distinguish the differences between anatomy and biomechanics
- Determine specific outcomes for selected poses
- Learn to adjust load parameters to meet desired outcomes
- Challenge the conventional script and have confidence doing so
Jules Mitchell, MS, LMT, ERYT 500 leads continuing education programs for yoga teachers worldwide. She runs her own 300hr advanced yoga teacher training, has her own mentoring program, and is a well-respected leader in the evidence-based yoga community.
Asana meets biomechanics. This e-course approaches asana through a biomechanical lens, exploring how the musculoskeletal system responds and adapts to asana. Learn basic terminology in the field of biomechanics to help clarify what biomechanics is and how it can influence the way we teach and practice yoga. Through a combination of instructional slides and video clips of live teaching moments, key messages come to life, providing practical and useful tools for anyone curious about human movement.
Dispel common yoga myths.
Analyze trends & buzzwords.
Clarify ambiguous yoga cues.
- Analyze common cues, popular buzzwords, and pervasive alignment instructions to improve accuracy and clarify ambiguous instructions
- Evaluate the benefits and dispel many myths of yoga based on exercise science research
- Incorporate practices in somatic education and breathing to balance the scientifically vigorous course curriculum, unifying the ha and tha of yoga
- Conclude the webinar series with insights into the neural aspects of an asana practice highlighting the effects of novel activities and the importance of developing a rich movement repertoire
- 90 minutes of lecture. Practical applications are highlighted with videos of live teaching moments.
- A rich slidedeck supporting the lectures for easy reference in downloadable PDF format.
- Unlimited 24/7 streaming access to the course materials. Also available from the Kajabi mobile app.
- Special discount for Parts 2 and 3.
- 3.5 CEUs upon completion of the full course.
Jules’ flagship course, Yoga Biomechanics and Asana, was created to bridge the gap between studying anatomy and teaching yoga. During her graduate work in biomechanics, she started developing educational content that satisfied a growing need for a greater understanding of how the body works in the ongoing debate of yoga safety versus yoga injury.