Human Dissection Lab Objectives
Explore connective tissue mechanics, musculoskeletal anatomy, and breathing mechanics in a hands-on in-person cadaver lab. Eligible for 28 CEUs upon completion.
In this 4-day course, we will dissect:
If you wish to explore a specific structure not on the list above, that can be arranged as a personal side project for you with prior communication.
- Connective tissue behavior and stretching
- Muscle continuity, fiber direction, and function
- Specific joints such as the shoulder, knee, hip, and more
- The psoas and whether it deserves its fame
- The poor misunderstood upper trap
- The incredible SI joint
- Synovial fluid and joint capsules
- Anything and everything about the spine and vertebral discs
- The connection of the heart, lungs, and diaphragm
- Layers of the abdominal wall
- The role and evolution of the IT band
- Identifying capsular muscles
- Labrums, menisci, and bursae
- The vagus nerve
- Nerve plexuses
- The pelvic floor
- The plantar fascia
- 2 x 60-minute group Zoom meetings led by Jules
- 4 full days in the lab led by Jules
- Several lab assistants for extra support
- Lab tools and equipment
- Suggested reading from Jules' book related to the course work
- Access to a private social network for this special cohort
- Lab coat and gloves
- A copy of Jules' book
- Travel to and accommodations in Colorado Springs, CO
What Students Are Saying
It was extremely valuable to me to work with Jules the entire 3 days of the lab. I benefitted from her knowledge, enthusiasm and yoga-specific connections to human anatomy and the work with the forms. I loved her approach with me when I was actively diving in (and when I was not). It was a perfect balance of letting me see what I could discover on my own and leading me to the treasures. I remain thrilled to have seen the beautiful way things evolved to fit together. Jules’ welcoming, knowledgeable and caring being made the intense experience wonderful. The other teachers were outstanding too. What an unparalleled experience!
I appreciate how organized things were, from recommended readings/videos prior, daily protocols to suit up and decompress, outline of goals each day with flexibility & encouragement to be curious and explore, leading us through key moments like the knee joint, diaphragm, and so much more. I’m still processing everything and journaling what I can recall to flesh out the “A-ha” moments and other major revelations.
Jules leadership, organization and insight is superior to any educator I’ve ever had, in my life, ever.
I valued the whole experience, not only the actual lab time, but the care that was put into the structure of the curriculum, to our time together in the circle. I valued the collaborative environment that evolved with our peers and the support of the team at the institute. Jules was readily available to answer questions and offer encouragement. I valued the attention I received when engaged in discussions with her and Madhav and Carla as well. Overall, I value the opportunity to learn with Jules and the amazing team at the institute in person.