In this episode, Sarah is joined by the one and only Jules Mitchell, to talk about myths and misbeliefs around strength, stretching, and how to really understand how research applies to our teaching.
- What are other models for movement beyond soft tissue – and can they coexist
- Does it matter if your teaching still “looks like yoga”?
- Should you call yourself a movement teacher instead of a yoga teacher?
- How accurate is it to make claims about strength in yoga?
- How teachers misinterpret research and why it’s happening
- Does age reflect interest in different aspects of yoga?
- Should we still be stretching? Is it possible to overstretch?
- What movement trends are we moving towards in the future
Extend Your Learning: Online Education With Jules
The Science of Stretching Webinar 4.0
This webinar is for teachers and students who have an insatiable curiosity about stretching, what it does, and how it works, while accepting that conventional stretching wisdom isn’t always accurate. Eligible for 3 CEUs. This course is offered in January and July each year. Learn more >