In this episode, Kathryn and Jules talk about what strength training is (and what it isn’t), strength training vs. general fitness, basic biomechanics, the practicality of learning anatomy and making sense of the research. If you are endlessly curious about exercise science and its application to moving and teaching, Jules’ insights into biomechanics and tissue adaptation will both excite and challenge the way you understand the body.
- Question Everything
- Proximal Hamstring Tendinopathy
- Loading and Stretching
- Resistance Stretching with Charlie Reid
- Why “Yoga for Sciatica” is a Stretch: A Guest Blog
- What’s the cue for that?
- To Bend or Not to Bend (the Knees in a Forward Fold*)
- Transitions in Yoga Asana: A Guest Blog
- Biomechanics ≠ Anatomy
- How Muscles (Actually) Work